Tilda Elinam Acorlor a budding Sports Jounalist in the country has for the 3rd time
emerged the Best Sports Journalist of the year,in Volta region at the 3rd Ghana Journalists Association’s award. Ms Acorlor is a presenter and producer at Ghana Broadcasting Corporation’s Volta Star.
The award was held under the theme
“Environmental Cleanliness, Media as Vanguard. Don’t Drop that Litter.”
Saw media practitioners in the Volta and Oti region awarded for works in education, health, sanitation/environment, Sports, agriculture, economics/business, disability, child protection and tourism.
The Sports Writers Association of Ghana’s Volta branch’s General Secretary, who won the the two previous editions of the awards, made it three with an article on Sports and Sanitation, “Dont Drop that Litter but Drop that Litter”.A feature story that entreats Sportsmen to be aware that sports hygiene and sanitation plays an important role in preventing disease from dangerous germs that cause infections and illness to sports athletes.
Speaking after receiving her award, Miss Acorlor expressed her delight for emerging as the winner for the third time and dedicate the award to her Mom and Dad.”I’m so much grateful for winning this award for the third time, and I have to thank my Mom and Dad who allowed me to persuade my dreams in a male dominated field.My aim as a sports journalist is to use sports as a tool for development in my community”.
Below are full winners
- Sanitation – Maxwell Awumah, Ghana News Agency
- Education – Harrison Belle, The Lake News
- Health – Fred Quame Asare, Joy News
- Economic/Business – Mary Anani, Graphic
- Child Right Protection – Chriatiana Ativie, Beyond FM
- Tourism – Randy Edudzi Ahadzi, V1TV
- Morning Show – Volta Star Radio
- Sports – Tilda Acorlor, Volta Star Radio
- Disability – Kormi Seshie, V1TV
- Agriculture – Fred Duhoe
- Most Promising Journalist – Saviour Amenyedzi, Jubilee Radio
- Journalist of the Year, 2019 – Benjamin Aklama, Citi Fm